Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Invitation

Mrs. Frosini-Montalbano invited me to go to a Best Practices Institute at the University of Virginia. This was all about differentiation in instruction. I was just happy and very flattered that she asked me to join the group.

I went through the motions of applying for food allowances and registration for this conference. Mrs. Frosini-Montalbano sent the link for the book written by Carol Tomlinson and I scanned it.

Let me tell you, I have had a lot of professional development in all my years as a teacher and viewed this conference with a cynic's eye. However, as the date of 3/4/09 drew nearer, I began to get excited and hoped that I would learn something that I could turnkey to staff and bring back to my students.

Next: The Trip Down South

No comments:

Post a Comment